Tuesday, January 3, 2012

new year.. new you, errr .. new me?

OH man!!!
I decided to wait until Jan 3rd to begin any type of New Years resolutions, and today was a day that will go down in infamy .. I stepped on the scale for the first time in quite a few months and realized why I'm all but living in sweat pants. Holy freaking cow... almost literally it seems!!
I have a background on my computer that has a random faded pic of a girl who's thin in a stretching pose and it says, 2011 the last fat year of my life and that's a promise. Well it's time to make, AND KEEP, that promise to myself. The scale does not lie, my clothing size does not lie, my ability to move & stretch & walk up a flight of stairs does not lie.

So the question is: how do i do it?
There are so many options, one google search yields so many results I can't figure out who's right and who's wrong. Everyone I talk to has a different view on the subject and a different past. Do i log every calorie that goes in my mouth and keep it under a certain amount of calories? If so how many calories should I intake? Shoudl I cut carbs, or cut fat? Go paleo or Weight Watchers? Do I take a picture of every meal instead of writing it all down? How about I don't eat anything that has more than 45% of it's calories from fat? These are just a few ideas rolling through my head on the food subject.
The fitness subject is a different subject all together. I MUST MOVE and I must do it at least 3x a week. We have a bike in the basement and I WILL start there. I'd like to be ready to run again, even if just for intervals of time, when the winter is over.

I'm hungry.
I started wrigin this post because well I needed to occupy my hands and my mind with something other than food. My stomache is letting me know that I did not give it the 'normal' amount of food that it would like and now I'm being terrorized. Gum made the problem worse. Water should help right?
I decided to count my calories today by adding everything I ate to myfitnesspal.com that way i can track food and activity in one place. We shall see if this is how I decide to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment